I said before that July and August were going to be crazy-busy, and now we're really in the thick of it all. I returned home from my work trip late on the 23rd. We then left early on the 27th for vacation/family reunion in Colorado. We started the trip back on Sunday the 4th, and were supposed to have gotten home on Monday, the 5th. Unfortunately, Nathan got sick (for the first time) Sunday night, so after being up all night with him in the hotel, we got a late start and weren't able to make it the rest of the way Monday. We're home now, and he seems to be doing better, but it was an exhausting end to a vacation that was fun and active (but not exactly relaxing).
Paul works a double shift (48 hours) this weekend and then his mom goes in for her knee replacement surgery next Monday. She'll be in the hospital for a few days, and then will need lots of help at home. This means my FIL (who usually helps with Nathan 1-2 days per week) will be otherwise occupied, so Nathan will go to daycare more often than usual for the rest of this month. This isn't a huge deal except that it will require a lot more juggling on my end.
September is also starting to fill up. Paul's birthday is the 1st and I have no idea what to plan for it. The county fair is the weekend after Labor Day, and then it's my MIL's birthday on the 12th. It's a milestone birthday for her, so she's expecting a big hoopla. Unfortunately, we don't know how well recovered she will be by then, so it's proving to be rather difficult to plan anything at this point. My mom is coming for 2 weeks the end of September, which will be nice. She will be here to help Paul with Nathan when my friend B and I go on our girls' weekend, and she'll be around when Paul and I go on an overnight getaway for our 5th anniversary. And then it'll be October!
Meanwhile, things are crazy at work. I have a lot on my plate, I'm mentoring a graduate student intern, and I just found out from my boss that she needs me to help deal with a huge HR mess that just happened. As a result, I've kind of stopped taking a lunch break. I still eat, but I no longer have time to blog during lunch. I do read other bloggers' posts while I'm pumping, and even manage to comment now and then. But typing my own is too much to do with one hand on my cell phone. Hopefully the workload will change as I get caught up from vacation! I do have things I want to write about, including Traveling with Baby, Pumping and Flying, Adventures in Solid Food, and Other Random Drama in My Life. I'm thinking about asking my MIL if she wants to babysit for a bit this weekend (before she becomes incapacitated from the surgery). If she does, I might have time to squeeze in a post or two...
Until then, hope everyone is enjoying what remains of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment