Sunday, January 6, 2013

39 Weeks & Counting - A Watched Pot

Yes, I feel like the proverbial watched pot. Not boiling... yet. There have been a few bubbles, but nothing sustained... We've started doing all the things that they say "might" help induce labor. So far, we've tried:
  • Spicy foods (definitely got my, ummm, intestines worked up... no such luck with the uterus)
  • Walking (either on the treadmill or with the dogs)
  • Stretching/lunges/squats (I do this at least a couple of times each day using my balance ball - might not be doing much for labor but it does feel good)
  • Doing the tango (I just realized I always referred to this as the baby tango in this blog - I guess it still is if we're trying to get the baby to come out?)
Someone Paul works with swears by fresh pineapple, so might have to get some of that tomorrow. I'm also hoping to get in a session with my acupuncturist tomorrow too. Does any of this stuff actually work? Who knows. But what have I got to lose? And it gives me something to focus on other than my chubby ankles and feet, the 24/7 heartburn, and the random spells of contractions that continue to come and go :)

As much as I'd like this baby to go ahead and make an appearance, I have to admit this weekend was nice. The mani/pedi with B yesterday felt great and was a nice change of pace (my mom came along too and ended up getting a facial!). And I LOVED Les Mis. I've been singing the songs ever since. Today was low-key but we got some stuff done around the house. The major accomplishment of the day was taking down and putting away (most of) the Christmas stuff. I hate doing this every year and I usually put it off until mid-January (if not later). But with Mom here to help me, I figured we'd better get it done sooner rather than later before Flash comes. We did leave the tree and the outside lights up for now. I'm not quite ready to part with those yet :) But everything else is down, dusted, packed away in the rubbermaids, and put back in the attic.

I'll end this post with a couple of pictures:

 My brother took this picture of the nursery when he was here after Christmas. I liked it mainly because it is a nice all-in-one kind of shot, but also because we realized that the cats managed to insert themselves into it as well. Clearly they got the memo about the Ark, because they are lined up, two-by-two, to get on board :) Actually, they just really are obsessed with the glider.
 
Here's the bump at 39 weeks - I wanted one picture with it and the Christmas tree. I meant to do it on Christmas, but ended up wearing pajamas all day... oops!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you. I never realized how hard these last few weeks would be!

    ReplyDelete