Today is T-minus 40 days until FET #1 (if all goes according to plan). The reality of it all is starting to hit. I can't believe this is really starting again!
Last week I had my SSG to check on the state of my ute. Apparently everything looks good in there. Even though I'm on the pill again now, there were a couple of follicles trying to bubble up on each ovary (oh, the irony) but nothing that Dr. B was too worried about at this stage. Then yesterday I had a follow-up consult with her and the nurse to go over the plan and the schedule. It a little bit caught me off guard when the nurse said "So when do you want to have your transfer?" With the fresh cycle there was little to no choice involved in the process, but apparently with frozen you pick the date and plan the treatment according to that.
The available transfer dates with Dr. B at our clinic are September 29, October 6, and October 21 (she also potentially has dates at the other clinic, but that would involve a courier moving embryos around, not to mention an even further drive for us). The 29th is the soonest which would be nice, but it's smack in the middle of a week-long class that my husband is taking for work. It's also 2 days after our anniversary (nothing says romance like progesterone suppositories!) and the day my mom flies home after having spent a week with us. So... that's out. The 21st would be good in that my husband is off for a week and a half around then, so we'd have lots of flexibility. However, we were hoping to squeeze in a family trip to Michigan in the fall around then, so it would kind of impact our travel plans. Not to mention it would mean having to lay low for a few days rather than go hiking or whatever else we want to do. Which leaves October 6. It's a day my husband is off shift, so that's good. And he can take a personal day the following day when I'm supposed to be taking it easy.
To add to the mix, we're really trying to avoid telling ANYONE this time that we're cycling, so in terms of logistics with a toddler at home and whatnot, things are going to get complicated. It's not unusual for N to stay at my in-laws overnight once or twice a month, especially if we have evening plans or have to be at work super early the next day. It's just easier for everyone in those situations if he stays at their house (which is only a few miles away) for the night. So I think we'll ask now if he can stay the night of the 5th, but we can be vague about the reasoning. They also help out with childcare from time to time during the day, so he should be able to stay there until the evening of the 6th when Paul goes to get him, which will allow me to come home and lay in bed or whatever all day.
Aside from the transfer day logistics, there will probably be a whole host of other things to think about. I emailed the nurse this morning to let her know we will definitely be going with the 6th. She already wrote back with my treatment plan and schedule. And let me just say, it's INTENSE! I sort of thought a frozen cycle would be less involved, and I suppose in some ways it is. There aren't quite as many drugs, nor quite as many u/s and blood monitoring visits. But it's also longer (21 days), and there will still be quite a few drugs. I'm still trying to digest all the information and details that she emailed me, so I'll probably have to post about that in the next few days (if for no other reason than to help myself keep it straight!).
And speaking of posts, I have 2-3 more that I need to write on various topics. But for now, I'm going to stick another load of laundry in the washer and respond to some more emails (I'm working from home today). Life is about to get even crazier... I may need a new motto for these next few months. Something like "one day at a time, one step at a time, one breath at a time" might be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment